Sunday, January 11, 2009

I didnt dial your number
because I needed someone to talk to
Arms to lay on
Or sweet words to fill my ears
I didnt call you because I cant hook up my speakers
Or kill the spider above my bed
I was just wondering why
you havent called.

-Jill Scott, The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours.

I just borrowed this Lit. poems book by Jill Scott from the the Library and gosh, it's a nice book. Basically everything inside the book are poems, words that are written and kept with her for many years before it was published in 2004. I'm thinking I shall have a compilations of the many poems i'd wrote and is still writing. And to come to think about it, I used to write rap and Ive even got people calling me the next 10 Cent. haha. Courtesy of BFF.

If given a chance to let your life story be interviewed and published, how would you want it to be? The thing about life is this, a principle which Ive always abided to as I live my life, is that we are the authors of the book of life. I dont believe in God or whatever that He or They determine the path of life and I think it is bullshit. No offences but if you think about it, if our lives belong to them, darn, why do they even bother to create in the first place? If they have the whole idea of controlling our lives, then seriously, I'll rather go and die than to realized there is someone out there taking control of me.

Now that most of us are in our early 20s , you would've written almost 1/4 of the book( that if you see yourself living to the life of 80 then) and what do you think you've accomplised in life? How interesting has it been? Darn for me, I think if my life journal is to be published, you will realised half of the book is in italic texts, to tell you that those are my thoughts. And throughout my life, Ive been thinking lots of thing and many of which are too redundant to be even execute as an action.

So my new resolution of 2009 is,
Accomplished as many things I would wan to do if I was to die before 010110.
One of which is to finish that short novel I'm writing.

The sky is clear
and we're standing here
The wind is whistling
Can you hear him singing
Of the many things Ive prayed
For a better day ahead

Ive never left your side
Ive always got your back
Like the beautiful stars above
That will be your guide my love

So when you feel like crying
breaking, hating and tearing
Know that my heart is with you
A guardian angel that never leaves you

Ivan Ng.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home